Function 17h Rename File Specified by File Control Block (FCB)
Renames file in current directory
entry AH 17h
DS:DX pointer to an Struct -FCB (see note 4)
return AL 00h successfully renamed
0FFh file not found or filename already exists
note 1) This service cannot rename read-only files
2) The "?" wildcard may be used.
3) If the "?" wildcard is used in the second filename, the corresponding
letters in the filename of the directory entry are not changed.
4) The FCB must have a drive number, filename, and extension in the usual
position, and a second filename starting 6 bytes after the first, at
5) The two filenames cannot have the same name.
6) FCB contains new name starting at byte 17h.
|file: /Techref/INT/21f/17.htm, 0KB, , updated: 1999/4/26 11:31, local time: 2023/12/9 04:17,
|©2023 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.massmind.org/techref/INT/21f/17.htm"> INT 21f 17</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
Welcome to massmind.org!
Welcome to www.massmind.org!