Function 3Ch Create A File (CREAT)
Create a file with handle
entry AH 3Ch
CX attributes for file
01h read only
DS:DX address of ASCIIZ filename string
return flag CF 0 successful creation
AX 16 bit file handle
or error code (3, 4, 5)
note 1) The ASCIIZ string may contain drive and subdirectory.
2) Drive may be any valid drive (not nescessarily current drive)
3) If the volume label or subdirectory bits are set in CX, they are ignored
4) The file is opened in read/write mode
5) If the file does not exist, it is created. If one of the same name
exists, it is truncated to a length of 0.
6) Good practice is to attempt to open a file with fn 3Dh and jump to an
error routine if successful, create file if 3Dh fails. That way an
existing file will not be truncated and overwritten.
|file: /Techref/int/21f/3c.htm, 1KB, , updated: 1999/2/20 10:26, local time: 2023/12/4 01:21,
|©2023 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.massmind.org/techref/int/21f/3c.htm"> int 21f 3c</A>
|Did you find what you needed?|
Welcome to massmind.org!
Welcome to www.massmind.org!