Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Bowel Infections: Yeast (no sugar, pearl acidophilus twice a day for half a year) or bacterial (antibiotics)
- Food alergies / sensitivities: Smaller meals, more often. Try cutting out, for MONTHS, not days, the following: Dairy, beans, broccoli fructose, alcohol, caffeine. e.g. Eat only Bananas, Rice, cooked Apples and Toast (BRAT) with good vitamine pills. Maybe lean meats like turkey, chicken, shrimp. Also DO drink 8 full 16oz glasses of water each day.
- Stress: Practice breathing from the bottom, yoga, massage, excercise. Hypnotherapy? Acupuncture?
Foods to eat for better digestion:
- Fermented Foods: Yogurt and Miso with "live and active cultures" for benificial bacteria, but only if lactose is not an issue. Otherwise, take the pills.
- Ginger: Fresh ginger reduces spasms and has COX-2 inhibitors to reduce inflammation. Add as a spice in rice and soup, eat crystallized chunks or drink tea.
- Omega 3 foods: Cold water fish (salmon) or flax oil or walnuts.
- Rice: Rice has ferulic acids which may help heal the digestive system. Basmati has the most.
| ||©2021 These pages are served without commercial sponsorship. (No popup ads, etc...).Bandwidth abuse increases hosting cost forcing sponsorship or shutdown. This server aggressively defends against automated copying for any reason including offline viewing, duplication, etc... Please respect this requirement and DO NOT RIP THIS SITE. Questions?|
<A HREF="http://www.massmind.org/techref/other/ibs.htm"> Irritable Bowel Syndrome</A>
Welcome to www.massmind.org!